A wonderful recipe for a fall evening. The below recipe serves two. Enjoy!
- 1 delicata squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lbs. ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup cooked rice (optional)
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped dried cherries
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Brush cut sides of squash with 2 tsp olive oil. Place cut-sides down on baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- If making rice, cook rice per instructions on label.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in medium pan over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey. Sauté until browned. Reduce heat to medium and add celery, onion, garlic, sage, rosemary and thyme. Continue cooking until vegetables are soft. Stir in rice, cherries, and parsley until mixture is warmed through. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Turn squash halves over so they are cut-side up. Fill with the turkey mixture and top with parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
**The picture above is of a delicate squash. I used this image because a few years ago I didn’t know what a delicata squash looked like, so thought it might be helpful for you, if needed.