Before we get into this month’s breath session …
|ARiSE, a home for MONTHLY Breath Work CIRCLES starts in January 2022! |
You may be thinking, what the heck is that? These breath work circles are a monthly meet-up via Zoom for support, community, connection and expansion.
Each meet up will be 90-minutes and will include the following:
- 60-minute meditative breath session breathing into a specific mantra with a curated playlist and breath pattern for stress management, self-healing and transformation.
- Journal prompts, for reflection.
- A community of like-minded individuals all seeking connection, support and deeper relationships.
This is for the individual that is: Feeling stressed and overwhelmed Feeling disconnected from themselves and their community Tired of self-sabotaging Is ready for change Is open to support I would love to put you on the email list (different than this email list) to alert you to these monthly breath work circles. No obligation required, simply an awareness to an opportunity for growth, connection and change.
|It’s Time to Breathe!|
This month’s breath work mantra is: I surrender.
When I think of this mantra, I imagine myself arms spread wide, face to the sky, completely open and ready to receive. I imagine myself completely free of any grip, tension or contraction. I surrender.
What do you need to surrender to this month? Do you need to surrender to a massive life change? What about surrendering to unmet expectations? What about surrendering to the calm? Or surrendering to the chaos? What about surrendering to your current circumstances? What about surrendering to the fatigue you feel? Or surrendering to things not working out in the timing you desire?
I invite you to release your grip, to breathe deeply and to settle any activation or over stimulation you are currently feeling in your body and system.
Surrender. Just surrender. You are safe. You are held.
|Recommended for breath work:|
- Set yourself up in a comfortable space.
- Perform breath work session sitting up or lying down.
- The use of a pillow under your head if lying down is discouraged.
- If sitting up, consider sitting on the edge of a pillow so your hips are higher than your knees.
- Temperature shifts are a normal experience with breath work, consider having a blanket nearby.
- May experience some lightheadedness; if so, consider slowing down the breath pattern, if desired.
- May experience some tingling sensation in your body, this is normal. Consider slowing down the breath pattern, if desired.
- May experience some tetany (cramping) this typically occurs with meditative sessions, if this occurs during a integrative session, consider slowing down the breath pattern, if desired.
|Breath work may not be for you if you have the following conditions:|
- Detached Retina
- High Blood Pressure (not controlled with medication)
- Cardiovascular disease including angina, previous heart attack or stroke.
- Diagnosis of aneurysm in the brain or abdomen
- Uncontrolled thyroid conditions and diabetes
- Asthma – if asthmatic, your inhaler nearby during the session.
- Prior diagnosis of bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or previous psychiatric condition.
- Hospitalization for any psychiatric condition or emotional crisis within the last 10 years.
- Any other medical, psychiatric or physical conditions which would impair or affect ability to engage in any activities that involve intense physical and/or emotional release.
- This list is not all inclusive and it’s generally recommended that if you have a question about a condition you may have that is not listed, that you consult a physician before beginning breathwork. If you have or have had any of the listed conditions, it is strongly recommended you consult a physician before beginning breathwork.