Incase you were wondering…
5 Things I Prioritize Every Single Day
- Water intake – I break the day up into quarters: 9AM, 12PM, 3PM, 6PM. At each time mark, I have to have consumed 1 yeti water bottle – which is 30 fl oz. By the end of the day, I will have consumed 120 fl oz. Some days I drink more depending on my workout, but the baseline is always the same: consume at least 120 fl oz / day.
- Starting my day on my schedule – I wake up before the girls and before my husband. I wake up, pour myself a cup of coffee and start my day by acknowledging at least 10 things I am grateful for that have occurred within the past 24 hours. For the first 30 minutes of my day, (at least), I am disconnected from technology, demands of little girls and my work schedule and solely focused on gratitude, dreams and goal setting. Not only does this start my day in a space of positivity, it also forces me to look for things to be grateful for throughout the entire day.
- Movement – I perform some sort of movement each day: running, walking, stationary bike, HIIT workout and/or weight training. I do this in celebration of the things I can do, not because I think I should or am trying to counter something I ate.
- Presence – this takes a lot more effort, patience and awareness. However, by consistently making it a priority, I am consistently aware of when I am not being present and then hopefully am able to shift back to reality.
- Love and compassion – whether it be towards myself, my husband, my girls, my clients, my patients, my family or my neighbors, this is always a priority of mine.