Bomb Banana Bread… oh it’s good!
- 3 egg whites
- 3 small bananas (2 medium), mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used regular sugar)
- 1/2 cup dry old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup wheat bran (I didn’t have wheat bran so I ground up oats)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients (egg whites, bananas, vanilla extract, applesauce, almond milk).
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir together.
- Spray 1 loaf pan with non stick spray. (Recipe calls for 2 loaves, I made one and was glad I did.)
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.
Absolutely delicous and perfect for a cold winter morning.