I found this recipe on Pinterest. What I liked about it was the lightness and the use of fresh corn – especially with it being in season and almost at the end of the season right now. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts chopped
- 1 small shallot bulb, diced (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped, 3 for corn salad, 1 for haddock
- 3 corn on the cob ears, kerneled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lbs. fresh haddock
- 1-2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro, for garnish
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, scallions, shallot, jalapeno, and garlic. Add a generous pinch of salt and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly tender. Add corn and cook for an additional 2 minutes until warmed through, taste testing for salt level.
Place haddock on layer of tin foil. Place 2 tablespoons butter OR olive oil and haddock on tinfoil. Season haddock with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Place on grill and let cook until it is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. Internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees.
Assemble corn salad on a plate and add haddock on top. Garnish generously with freshly chopped cilantro.