Crazy work schedule got your workout schedule on the back burner? Here are a few simple things you can do to stay on track when your work schedule has you traveling from place to place.
- Pack healthy, flight friendly snacks for the plane. IE: apple, bag of nuts, or veggie spears, kale chips, or protein powder – just add the milk/water once you get through security.
- Pack all of your workout clothes you may need for your entire trip. 3 day business trip – pack 1 pair of sneakers, 3 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of shorts, 3 sports bras, and 3 shirts/tanks to workout in. Yes, it sounds simple but you want to make sure you have all the clothes you’ll need and that they will be clean and fresh which will boost your desire to put them on.
- Book a hotel or request your employer to book a hotel that has a gym in it – make sure it has the features you like to use when you workout – stationary bike, elliptical, treadmill, weights, yoga pads whatever it is you like to do for your workout, make sure they have it!
- Get your workout done in the morning! This may mean waking up an hour early but when on a business trip, often times we find our evenings fill up with meetings, dinner arrangements or events to go to – start your day off right and rest assured knowing your workout is done in the morning and you can focus on what you traveled to do.
- When going out to business lunches/dinners, check the menu before you go and have an idea of what you’re going to order. Stick with it. Don’t let peer pressure or everyone else’s ordering options sway you from staying on track towards a healthier version of yourself.
Traveling can be exciting, fun and welcoming, but make sure that if you have goals and dreams to become a stronger, healthier version of yourself that you don’t let life get in the way of what you want. You can adapt to your surroundings and still go after your dreams. You’ve got this and safe travels!